About Southern Healthcare
Southern Healthcare comprises of The Old Rectory in Exeter, Parkwood House in Plymouth, The Seaton Nursing Home in Seaton, and Sefton Hall in Dawlish. Our Homes are all unique, yet all carry the same ethos which is ‘valuing meaningful relationships’. We understand that extraordinary close, quality relationships between staff and residents is the key to what makes the Southern Healthcare group of Homes special to those that live and work within them.
In our Homes we don’t just provide ‘task based care’, our teams go above and beyond to ensure that our residents live fulfilling, happy and meaningful lives while they are in our care.
What makes us different?
Our passion filters down from our founder and proprietor, Geoffrey Cox. Geoffrey is truly passionate about excellent care delivery and because of this he helped to form the Devon Care Kite Mark or DCKM, (see link) along with his wife Margot. This group of care home providers work hard towards driving up the quality of residential and nursing care in Devon. As part of this, Geoffrey and the Southern Healthcare managers love to get involved in running special activities for our residents and this passion certainly spreads to the rest of the team!
We are a friendly and dynamic team who loves to have fun and each team member understands that everything we do is for the benefit of our residents. As well as exceptional care, we create meaningful activities for our residents such as trips out, festivals, animal therapy and food tasting to name a few. We love to include family and friends of our residents, both in the arranging of activities and the activities themselves, where possible to make them extra special.
We are very honoured that our team has been recognised for the amazing work that we all do:
- Currently we have two Homes who have received ‘Overall Outstanding’ from the Care Quality Commission
- All four of our Homes hold the Eden Alternative UK & Ireland Certificate of Registration and feature on the Eden Alternative register of Homes
- Our Activities Team at Parkwood House in Plymouth is an award winning team, who won the Best Activity Coordinators Award at the Celebrating Excellence in Care Awards 2017. They have been recognised for the innovative and meaningful activities that they provide for our residents at Parkwood
- The Old Rectory holds the regional Care Team Award, and like Sefton Hall, have been nominated for many other awards nationally, and are working towards whole home Butterfly kitemark recognition
- Sefton Hall holds the Butterfly Kitemark National Award from Dementia Care Matters. The Butterfly Model is based on how ‘feelings matter most’ in dementia care. They also won a national award for being the Best Care Team in the UK. We are very proud of this award and the team has worked very hard to achieve this.
Does this sound like something you want to be involved in?
We are always happy to hear from nursing and care professionals who are fun-loving, personable and passionate about exceptional care for the elderly. We are looking for individuals who see their work as more than just a job. In return we promise to provide exceptional training and a fulfilling and team centred work environment. If this sounds like the right fit for you then please do get in touch. Our current vacancies are listed below, however, if we are not currently recruiting, we would love to hear from you so that we can keep you on record for when a vacancy does arise.
Please upload your C.V here.